The Priory Estate can be found on the outskirts of the Cotswold village of Poulton, which is mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086. Poulton is just off the A419, which leads south to Swindon and the M4, and north to Cirencester, the ‘capital of the Cotswolds’ with a range of high street shops, supermarkets, restaurants and pubs.
Poulton and surrounding villages
- Poulton has a village shop, and The Falcon Inn, a traditional country pub that serves morning coffee.
- The neighbouring village of Down Ampney also has a shop, cafe and post office.
- There are a variety of other country pubs in the nearby villages of Meysey Hampton and Ampney St Peters, including The Mason’s Arms which offers B&B and The Crown of Crucis which hosts corporate events
- There are walking and cycling route maps available in the Member’s Area
- For horse lovers, there is the Talland School of Equitation, and for bike enthusiasts Performance Cycles for all bike purchases and repairs
- A short drive from the Estate is the Cotswold Water Parks where you can enjoy walks around the lakes and a range of water sports
- The De Vere Cotswold Water Park Hotel has a café/restaurant, gym and spa for clients or guests looking for local accommodation
- Kemble and Swindon train stations are within 30 minutes’ travelling time. Both offer direct routes to London, Bristol, Reading, Cheltenham and Gloucester.